MotoTech Buzz has compiled a list of cars, which our readers could consider buying this festive season.
Carmakers have been caught testing some of their upcoming products, which are scheduled to be launched by the end of this year. While some cars have been launched recently, some are scheduled to be launched before the festive season ends. MotoTech Buzz has compiled a list of cars, which our readers could consider buying this festive season.
- 2016 Honda Brio Facelift: Buyers intending to buy a hatchback during this festive season could consider the 2016 Honda Brio facelift, which was launched in the first week of this festive season. The facelifted version of the 2016 Honda Brio is positioned in the same segment, where it faces competition from Ford Figo, Maruti Swift and Hyundai Grand i10. The facelifted version of this hatchback comes with a lot of updates at its interiors but continues with the same 2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine that did its duty under the hood of the outgoing model. 2016 Honda Brio Facelift is priced at Rs. 4.69 lakh-Rs. 6.81 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Tata Tiago AMT: Tata Tiago has established itself as a successful auto product in the entry-level hatchback segment. Reports on the home-grown carmaker plans to introduce the automatic variant of the Tata Tiago is already rife. The Tata Tiago AMT is expected to be launched this festive season and the price is expected to range between Rs. 4 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh.
- Fiat Avventura Urban Cross: Fiat has started delivering its new cross hatchback called the “Avventura Urban Cross”. The Avventura Urban Cross is available in both diesel and petrol variants. The diesel variants will be offered in two trims, namely, Active and Dynamic, both of which are powered by the 1.3-litre Multijet engine (produces 93 PS) and are paired to a five speed manual gearbox. The petrol variant gets a 1.4-litre TJet engine, which produces 140 PS.
- 2016 Hyundai Elite i20 Automatic: Being a hatchback, the 2016 Hyundai Elite i20 offers a more premium experience. The South Korean carmaker launched the automatic variant of its big spacious hatchback on September 13. The Hyundai Elite i20 Automatic will be powered by the 1.4L Kappa petrol engine, which will be mated to an automatic gearbox. The automatic variant will be equipped with six airbags and has been priced at Rs. 9.1 lakh (ex showroom, Delhi).
- Volkswagen Ameo Diesel: The diesel variant of the 2016 VW Ameo compact sedan has been launched at a price starting from Rs. 6.27 Lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai). The 2016 VW Ameo diesel will be powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel powertrain, which will churn out 108 bhp. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual as well as a 7-Speed automatic DSG gearbox. The petrol variant of VW Ameo was launched in June at Rs. 5.13 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
- Honda Accord Hybrid: Reports on Honda’s plans to launch its executive saloon Accord in its hybrid version have cropped up. It is being speculated that the Accord Hybrid might be launched by this Diwali and Honda dealers across the country have also started accepting orders for the car. Honda Accord Hybrid is likely to be priced between Rs. 25 lakh to Rs. 30 lakh.
- Audi Q3 Dynamic Edition: Taking cognizance of this festive season, Audi has launched the ‘Q3 Dynamic Edition’ in India at Rs. 39.78 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi). Only 101 units of Audi Q3 Dynamic Edition will be available for a limited period across India.
- Jaguar F-Pace: Jaguar has launched the F-Pace SUV in India, which is based on the CX-17 crossover concept. Strengthening the F-Pace SUV is Jaguar’s new Lightweight Aluminium Architecture, which also supports the new Jaguar XE and XF sedans. The new SUV from Jaguar will be brought to India through CBU route and will be available in four trims, namely, Pure, Prestige, R-Sport and First Edition.
- Tata Hexa MPV: Tata Motors is also planning to launch the Hexa MPV this festive season. The carmaker had showcased the Tata Hexa MPV at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo. The Hexa, which will be positioned as a premium auto product will be based on the same chassis as that of the Tata Aria. Powering the Tata Hexa MPV will be the company’s 2.2-litre, VARICOR diesel powertrain, which is also found under the hood of the Aria and Safari Storme. Hexa is expected to be priced between Rs. 12 lakh to Rs. 19 lakh.
- Hyundai Tucson: Hyundai’s premium crossover SUV Tucson is scheduled to be launched on October 24. The premium SUV is likely to be powered by a 0 litre engine and will be paired to a six-speed manual gearbox. Tucson will be positioned between Creta and Santa Fe.